Monday, March 19, 2012

Mutated Writer's Block

The indentured scribes

Who place their calligraphy nubs

To the parchment-like

Walls of my mind

Reach out

With their crooked and stained fingers

And attach firmly

To the stem of my brain.

In a painful cascade

Of ink,

The virus they write

Finds itself

In control of thought.

My body functions,

But separate, very separate,

From my mind.

Resting above the paper

In a grip every teacher would approve,

My pen and hand

Await their command.

The line is gummed up,

However,

The virus

Oozes thick black ink

From the nervous system.

What comes through

Is but a senseless signal.

The hand is no mind.

It cannot stop

The jerking of a feverish brain.

Out flow words

Of nonsensical derivation.

Cross-outs ought to follow,

Even the whole page tossed out,

But a sickly wax,

Blind belief in each word,

Prevents me

From seeing and amending

The mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment