Monday, March 19, 2012

About God

I’m not convinced that God is in the clouds.

It’s awfully cold up there.

But if you find him riding cumulus nimbus,

Mercy me, for disbelieving.

I only know how most people get

Once they are all ashiver.

That spirit

Whom our prayers harass,

I think I have a pretty good idea

As to where he is hiding.

The God I know climbs trees.

He takes baths in rainforest wells,

And eats of nature’s plump offerings.

It’s always warm around him.

Imagine him tan

And sunning on the beach,

For warmth creates forgiveness

And charity.

What, you don’t believe me?

You believe your God

Sits on a golden throne all day

Developing throne-sores

And leg stiffness?

I can’t imagine that.

If I were a person

From a frozen country

I would, perhaps,

Look up when I thank God.

Because the snow and sun,

Are livelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment